Technical Support Engineer
PayNearMe, a nimble Financial Technology company seeks an experienced technical support engineer to help our fast growing list of merchants successfully leverage our platform that enables them to collect billions of dollars in payments. You should have at least 3 years experience supporting production Ruby on Rails applications and enjoy diving into interesting technical challenges, while continuously delivering high-quality solutions using a carefully planned approach.
- Coordinate and resolve escalations from team members to assist with client and platform level issues
- Provide detailed analysis, resolution steps, and verification instructions for technical support requests
- Monitor existing infrastructure and processes, identify areas of weaknesses and propose improvements
- Drive product quality through substantive, data-driven analysis on the severity and scope of issues and the number and kind of customers impacted
- Create and champion documentation for processes, best practices, and infrastructure resources
- Exhibit expert communication skills (especially in a remote environment) and understand the team is counting on you to clearly articulate level of effort / status updates regularly of support resolutions
- Participate and contribute to all Agile processes and sessions
- At least 2 years experience of Ruby and Rails, including Test Driven Development
- At least 3 years experience supporting large scale production applications
- 5+ years of experience solving technical issues for customers with high expectations
- Outstanding critical thinking, communication, and prioritization skills.
- Strong project management skills to juggle support requests that require carefully planned execution
- Familiarity with application monitoring solutions
- Familiarity with performance testing Rails production applications
- Previous experience working in quality assurance
PayNearMe began in 2009 with the goal of giving cash users the same convenience that debit and credit card users enjoy when paying bills and making online purchases. Today, we offer a network of 17,000 retail locations such as 7-Eleven and CVS, where consumers can make cash payments for everything from utilities and child support payments to bike share membership.
The PayNearMe family is led by a team of experts from the payments, mobile and retail IT worlds. We exist to build affordably-priced, innovative products that make it easier for consumers to conduct financial transactions and for businesses to serve those consumers.
At Handle Financial you can take advantage of the following perks:
- Flexible work schedule
- Fun, collaborative and vibrant culture
- Catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen
- Ping Pong challenges & Basketball Wednesdays