Company: Handle Financial, Inc.
Location: Sunnyvale, CA or Redmond, WA
Start Date: Immediate
Handle Financial, Inc. (www.handlefinancial.com ), a growth-stage, venture-backed payments tech company headquartered in Silicon Valley, is seeking a highly motivated legal counsel to support the Company and its Legal and Compliance Department activities as they relate to the products and services of both Prism (www.prismmoney.com) and PayNearMe (www.paynearme.com). Prism is a five star app that brings control to your life by organizing, paying your bills, and tracking your accounts. The PayNearMe product offering allows consumers to pay 20k+ billers using bar-code technology at 28,000 retail stores.
You must be interested, organized, and willing to take initiative and make things happen. You will be part of a small, tight-knit legal and compliance team.
In this role, you will be responsible for inbound and outbound commercial contracts, non-disclosure agreements, and other projects as they may arise. This position will need to handle a variety of deliverables and effectively liaise with other business units within the organization when necessary (e.g. finance, HR, compliance, engineering, and product marketing). This is a unique opportunity to gain experience and understanding of legal issues in both B2B and B2C markets.
- Review, draft and negotiate a wide variety of commercial contracts and policies including vendor contracts, RFPs, technology agreements, partnership agreements, terms of service and privacy policies
- Track legislative issues and work on regulatory matters as they arise
- Review of Product and marketing collateral and materials
- Partner directly with General Counsel and Associate General Counsel, among others
- Gain proficiency in and working knowledge of Handle’s many products and services
- Develop and refine processes, procedures and standard contract forms and tools
- Work on various other legal and regulatory matters as they arise
- Graduate of an accredited law school
- Admission to practice and in good standing in at least one jurisdiction
- 1-3 years legal experience (in-house, financial services, or bank/technology company a plus!)
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong work ethic with ability to multi-task and prioritize accordingly
- Willingness to learn quickly and thrive in fast-paced environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A love or at least appreciation for gleaning of regulatory requirements