The Junior Accountant will be responsible for the full accounts payable cycle and our third-party supplier program. The ideal candidate must have excellent interpersonal and time management skills and the desire to grow. This role reports to the Accounting Manager.
- Full cycle accounts payable, ensuring all payments are properly approved and authorized.
- Manage vendor billing relationships, including reconciling vendor statements, research, correcting discrepancies and responding to all vendor queries.
- Process weekly check runs.
- Manage reporting requirements around payments, including Form 1099s.
- Prepare payable accruals for month end close.
- Assist in Month End Close process and prepare assigned account reconciliations.
- Review and approve expense reports for compliance with travel and expense policy.
- Assist in evaluating relevant new systems.
- Manage corporate credit card program.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail.
- Manage the Third-Party Supplier Management process, including maintaining the Vendor Management database.
- Assist in other projects as assigned
- Responsible for Company’s information security by preserving confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Company’s information assets and customer data in accordance with Company’s Information Security Management System.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration from an accredited university, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of Accounting experience.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, Vlookup, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize work and time management
- Must enjoy working with colleagues both within and outside Accounting.